Summer Camps 2016
Provided byEngineering For Kids of Dane County
Offering hands-on S.T.E.M (Science Technology Engineering Math) enrichment camps for students (Ages 4-12) around Dane County. Lots of fun camps to choose from, Electronic Game Design, MinecraftEdu, Robotics and more. Find the fun in engineering!
We offer camps at the following locations:
Cross Plains - Registration through rec center
DeForest - Registration through rec center
Fitchburg - Registration through rec center
Madison - Register here
Madison East - Register here (NEW)
Middleton - Registration through rec center
Mt. Horeb - Registration through rec center
New Glarus - Register here
Oregon - Registration through school district
Sun Prairie - Register here
Verona - Registration through rec center
Waunakee - Registration through rec center
Summer camps are offered each week from June 13 to August 22. For our complete summer camp 2016 schedule CLICK HERE
Junior Camps (Grades K - 2nd - Entering Into)
- Jr. Inventors Workshop - We have opened up the workshop for a week of fun, creativity, and of course --engineering! Over the course of a week, students will invent new machines and explore creative design solutions using the Engineering Design Process. Discover how a wind-up toy works and design your own drawing robot inside the Engineering For Kids Inventor’s Workshop!
- Jr. LEGO® Robotics Adventures - Robotics is designed to introduce students to the world of not only building, but also programming basic robots. This class is a perfect mixture of fun and learning, using LEGO® WeDoTM Robots. Using LEGO® bricks, students build and learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer. This class is a perfect mixture of fun and learning, using LEGO® WeDoTM Robots.
- Jr. Wings, Wheels, and Sails - Everyone has to travel, and engineers are involved in all the steps of designing different modes of transportation as well as inventing and designing tools that aid in travel. Everyone’s travel needs are different, weather they need to walk around their local community to do errands, or they need to be half way across the world by evening! During this camp, students will get their passports and travel to a new country every day by a different means! They will engineer their mode of transportation or tool to aid in transportation daily to get to their destination country.
Apprentice Camps (Grades 3rd - 6th - Entering Into)
- Agent of Change - Superheroes have amazing powers and limitless energy...what about the rest of us? Can we use wind and water to produce electricity? How can we harness power to help others? These questions and more are explored as students team up to create their own lab and investigate energy sources and harnesses power. Be an Agent of Change and learn to capture wind and create light.
- MinecraftEdu: Traveling into the Future - Join us in an apocalyptic future, one where the earth has been ravaged by a series of natural disasters. Each day, students rely on the engineering design process to solve a series of challenges such as building a city on a series of islands, escaping from a bunker on Mt. Everest, and even building a rocket to land on the moon! Through application of engineering principles, students solve numerous challenges as they make their virtual world of Minecraft a safe place for humanity once again.
- MinecraftEDU: Medieval Redstone - MinecraftEDU is an expansive game that lets players design and create unique worlds with amazing structures. One of the more complicated aspects of MinecraftEDU is Redstone, which is MinecraftEDU’s version of electrical circuitry. This camp will introduce students to the many uses of Redstone through a Medieval themed adventure of creation, exploration, and castle besieging, with students making mine cart tracks to help them gather resources, working together to build their kingdom, and designing traps to defend their castle, all with the use of Redstone.
- Robotics: Robo Battles - During the LEGO® Robo Battles camp, students create, program, and control robots designed to perform challenges such as the SumoBots Challenge, Jousting Challenge, and the Catapult Challenge. Students use LEGO® Robotics and computers to learn principles of robotics, computer programming, and teamwork.
- Electronic Game Design: Invader Defense - Video games are everywhere and in almost every form you can imagine. In the Electronic Game Design: Invader Defense camp, we will create our own version of an invader defense game where we will defend against an alien invasion, a bug invasion or a shark attack. We will use the Engineering Design Process to create a storyboard to outline the rules of play and characters for our game. Then, we will use Clickteam Fusion 2.5® to bring our storyboard to life with programming. At the end of the camp, everyone takes home a working Windows-compatible game.
- Electronic Game Design: Platform Games - During our Electronic Game Design : Platform camp, students will use Multimedia Fusion 2® to create their own video game. A platform game is a side-scrolling, Mario-type game where students program characters and a two-dimensional obstacle course. They attempt to avoid or overcome enemies and reach an end goal on multiple levels. At the end of the program, everyone takes home a working Windows-compatible game.
Please visit website for complete registration information http://engineeringforkids.com/location/dane/schedule
ADA Accessible Locations:
Mos location are ADA accessible
Services for Children with Disabilities:
With parental guidance we can work with students who have special needs
Last updated:Friday, May 13, 2016 - 11:14pm