Provided byKid's Best Child Care
KID’S BEST CHILDCARE is a state licensed program that provides a variety of childcare options for children ages 3 to 12 years. At Kid’s Best fun, learning, and Christian values combine to give kids their best Child Care/Home-away-from-home experience. We offer great rates, flexibility, and are able to accept Dane County Funding. See below for a list of all of our programs.
1) Our 3 and 4 year old PRESCHOOL (Full or Part Time) is for kids who are not of age for MMSD’s 4K program. Our preschool is organized around play-based learning and utilizes the Creative Curriculum. We provide morning and afternoon snacks and children will need a lunch from home. We have wonderful classrooms, a full sized gym for active games, a play room, and a sensory room to keep the children engaged and learning. We also schedule field trips throughout the year when weather permits.
2) Our 4K BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL Care (Wrap Around) is for children enrolled in MMDS’s 4K program. Kid’s Best is able to provide transportation (pick up or drop off services to Crestwood, Glen Stephens, Midvale, Shorewood, and Thoreau Elementary schools). We provide full day childcare care on Mondays when the elementary schools don’t have their 4k program. For Tues-Fri, we offer both before and after school care for when they are released from their 4K program.
We provide a fun and educational flow to their day through play based learning. We utilize the Creative Curriculum. We have a full sized gym court for active games, an outdoor playground, a sensory/art room, and a large indoor play area. Another feature of Kid’s Best is going on field trips throughout the year. We go to different places in Madison to keep the children engaged and have adventures. We provide morning and afternoon snacks and ask that lunch from home be provided.
3) AFTER SCHOOL Program for K-5th Grade. Kid’s Best provides daily after school care for children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. We are able to provide bus transportation to our facility from Crestwood, Glen Stephens, Midvale, Shorewood, and Thoreau elementary schools. We provide an afternoon snack and then we focus on fun (playing outside in our playground, active games in our full sized gym/basketball court, or playing in our game room – ping pong, carpetball, air hockey, board games, and arts and crafts). We can also help get homework started.
4) SCHOOL’S OUT DAY CAMP for when MMSD is closed – Kid’s Best is OPEN when MMSD is closed for teacher training, holidays, and Spring Break. We provide a full day (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.) K-5th grade camp during MMSD closures. During our day camps the kids will engage in a variety of structured activities (active games in the gym, arts and crafts, outdoor play time, projected movies), supervised play, and field trips (ex. during the winter we go sledding). We provide both a morning and afternoon snack. Children need to bring a lunch. There is no need to spend your vacation days on school’s out days!
5) SUMMER DAY CAMP – If you are looking for summer childcare or enrichment for your child during summer break, look no further. Kid’s Best offers a great Summer Day Camp for ages 3-12 years. Preschoolers and 4K kids have their own class, teachers, and schedule. Middle school kids have their own teachers, space, field trips, and schedule. Elementary kids (K-4th grade) are separated into their own classes (K, 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th) and have their own awesome teachers. Regarding lunch, we take part in the MMSD free lunch program (all kids qualify, no forms to fill out) or the children are welcome to bring lunch from home. We, of course, provide morning and afternoon snacks. Ever hear your child say, “I’m bored!” Not at Kid’s Best!!! We have designed our day camp to be educationally stimulating, physically active, socially interactive, and just plain fun. Every week has a different theme and we develop these themes in the mornings (e.g. Science Week has the kids doing experiments; Wet N Wild Week has the kids outside playing water games). We take WEEKLY field trips (usually on Thursdays).
Children are welcome to join us for one week, for a few weeks, or for the whole summer depending on your needs. No need to pay a deposit for each week you sign up for.
6) PARENTS NIGHT OUT – Once a month on a Saturday night (5-10 p.m.), we offer Parents Night Out. Cost is only $20/child. The kids play, eat a pizza supper, play some more, and finish with a projected movie. Why do we do this? Because every child deserves a happy, healthy home and it starts at the top. To register, email us at email@example.com.