Kaleidoscope: A Summer Arts and Nature Adventure
Provided byTAPIT/new works, Inc.
Monday - Friday, July 9 - 13, 2018
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Through experiential education in music, visual arts, movement, drama, and nature studies, Kaleidoscope provides children ages 6 – 10 with new and creative ways to understand the world and express themselves.
Fusing learning and fun, this one week program educates as it inspires, with a dynamic team of professional, teaching artists and environmental educators. Participants share their work with family and friends in an "open studio" presentation at the program’s conclusion.
Kaleidoscope is coordinated by TAPIT/new works, a Madison-based, non-profit, professional arts organization founded in 1985 by Donna Peckett and Danielle Dresden.
Each morning, participants enjoy:
• Hands-on nature studies in the neighborhood
• Field trips to Olbrich Gardens and Aldo Leopold Nature Center• Guest speakers exploring ecosystems, wildlife, and protecting the environment
Each afternoon, participants enjoy:
• Visual arts with Amy Cavi, artist and art educator with a background in teaching people of all ages and abilities.
• Movement and Drama with Donna Peckett, a Kennedy Center-trained teaching artist, award-winning choreographer, and professional performer.
• Music with Andrew Willits, singer, teaching artist, and former choir director with extensive experience as a general music teacher.