East Madison Community Center Summer Camp Program
Provided byEast Madison Community Center
East Madison Community Center's Summer Day Camp:
- is FREE to enroll and attend
- is one of Dane County’s longest running (since 1972) and best-reviewed Camps
- has a director who has served in that capacity for 25 years and is also a longtime MMSD teacher
- has consistently demonstrated its ability to limit summer learning loss through its academic curriculum
- is supervised mostly by minority staff from the neighborhood with over 5 years of experience at EMCC
- also employs numerous local teens who have graduated from Camp and are now paid Camp assistants
- runs from 9 am - 4:30 pm daily, with evening hours on Tues, Weds, and Thurs from 5 - 8 pm
- leadership development
- academic tutoring
- multi-cultural art
- cooking classes
- canoe lessons
- “First Tee” golf lessons
- squash lessons
- community service projects
- breakfast, lunch, and snack
- other daily program choices
EMCC's Summer Day Camp is split into two four-week camps based on age.
- Ages 7-10: June 19-July 14 (closed July 4th)
- Ages 11-15: July 17-August 18
Please call (608) 249-0861 for more information.
Parents must complete a registration packet for students to attend.
ADA Accessible Locations:
EMCC is a single-story building with automatic doors and accessible restrooms.
Services for Children with Disabilities:
Arrangements can be made to accommodate disabilities. Please call ahead of time to discuss your child's needs.
Several youth workers speak Hmong. Spanish translation also available.
Last updated:Wednesday, January 9, 2019 - 11:03am